Monday, May 5, 2014

Has it really been a month?

Has it really been a month?  Seems like every day I have good intentions of getting something created and up on my blog.  Oh well, what is the saying about a road being paved with good intentions? Never mind, that would not be appropriate here now would it?

So I've been watching YouTube videos and reading tutorials on these box cards that seem to be the craze.  I watched intently, but never seemed to get motivated to jump in and try my hands at one.  Then it happened.  I was fortunate enough to win the $25.00 giveaway a few weeks back from Newton's Nook Designs.  I no sooner got the e-mail when I jumped online and acquired three of their new stamp sets! OK, I had to buy some too, but seriously this stuff is so cute - I find it hard to resist.

Fast forward about a week later and viola, I was dancing at my mailbox!


So I fondled my new stamps for awhile, waiting for just the perfect project to use them on.  Then I read Newton's Inky Paws challenge #9 and I jumped into action.  OK, I didn't really jump, but the ideas started flowing and next thing you know, I decided to make a box card for my mom for Mother's Day.  I had lots of fun stamping, embossing, coloring, and paper piecing the beautiful flowers from the Love Grows stamp set.  I am thrilled with how my first attempt at the box card came out and I am sure my mom will be too!






2 comments:

Sassette said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Love the idea of this type of card. I love everything about this....the colours, the flowers, the techniques....the style! Love to see your creativity at work :)

Jennifer Jackson said...

Hi Peggy! So glad you are loving your new stamps! This box is GORGEOUS!! I love how the flowers float up from inside it! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and entering our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!